1. Tell me a little about yourself and your hair journey.
My name is Tamika Lee and I’ve been natural for 8 years. I went natural on accident while attending college. When my close friend told me I couldn’t wear weaves or braids in her wedding, I was devastated. Braids were easy to manage and were my go to style for the past year. I opted to straighten my healthy hair for the big event and the end result was all the proof I needed to remain chemical free. It was the shiniest and healthiest it looked in years.
2. How would you describe your hair?
I would describe my hair as B.O.L.D. (Beautiful, Outstanding, Lavish and Determined). My hair has a personality of its own. Some days she has a complete attitude and no style will work, but other days she has flawless. Either way I LOVE my hair.
3. What do you love most about your hair?
I love my hair because it allows me to express exactly who I am without using words. It has a mind of its own, which I love. And it makes a lasting impression. My hair has versatility and my texture is unique.
4. What has been the most memorable part of your journey?Has it been easy, difficult, or both?!
The most memorable part of my journey has been the trials and errors. I’ve learn so much just from being natural. My journey has taught me patience and to just be free. I wouldn’t say it’s been easy or difficult; however, it has been self-liberating and well worth it.
5. What are or were some of your favorite transitioning hairstyles or current dos?
Some of my favorite transition hairstyles were braids. I wore braids like they going out of style. Then to switch it up, I wore a full sewn-in.
Majority of my experiences have been great. I get most of my compliments from different races. They are infatuated with the possibilities of the many hairstyles I’m able to wear.
7. What is your hair regimen?
Co-washing every two weeks
– Sulfate free shampoo once a month
– Deep conditioning twice a month
– Protein treatments once a month
– Daily LOC (liquid,oil, cream) method for moisture
– Trims every 5 months
8. My favorite hair products include:
KboEscentials Hair Pudding and Oil, The Mane Choice Natural Butter Cream, Organic Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture, and Alikay Naturals.
9. Who is your hair crush?
My hair crush is Mahogany Curls.
10. What are some of your favorite natural hair websites,YouTuber’s, or blogs?
Natural Hair Divas of Delaware, AmazingNaturalHair, Photog4naturals, Naptural85, and Curly In College.
11. Anything you want the readers to know? Inspirational words?
The secret to having healthy hair is patience. A lot of naturals think that natural hair is stronger than chemically-altered hair when actually it is more fragile. So the more TLC and the less manipulation, along with keeping your natural hair moisturized, helps with obtaining and maintaining healthy natural hair. Embrace your natural tresses and it will reward you in the long haul. Stay naturally beautiful.
12. Where can people find you for more information?
Follow me on Instagram @Natural__lee for my hair journey, styles, and fashion.
Follow my blog page on Facebook: Natural Hair Divas of Delaware.