1. Tell us a little about yourself and your hair journey.
My name is Rayven Adams. I’m from Foley, Alabama
2. How long have you been natural? Have you always embraced your curls?
I’ve been natural for 2 years and 2 months . I immediately embraced my curls .
3. What motivated you to transition? Were you a transitioner or a Big Chopper& why?
I big chopped on October 15, 2012. I felt basic. I always wore sew-ins, but I wanted to do something that I’d never done before .
4. How would you describe your hair?I would say that my hair is sponge-like. Some days it works for me and other days it doesn’t.
6. What has been the most memorable part of your journey? Has it been easy or difficult or both?!
The most memorable part of my journey was when I realized that I actually inspired a lot of women to embrace their natural hair. When I made the decision to big chop I was doing it for me. I had no idea that I would help anyone else feel comfortable.
7. What are (or were) some of your favorite transitioning hairstyles or current dos’?
My favorite style it the blowout because I love big hair.
8. What have your experiences been as a ‘natural.’ Any memorable reactions from family or others?
I received so much negative feedback when I big chopped. I didn’t have any support from family nor friends in the beginning. I was told that my head was too big to chop. I was called a chia pet. My uncle made a whole party of people sing the soul glow song to me.
style=”display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px” data-ad-client=”ca-pub-3767452216787368″ data-ad-slot=”8474597931″>
9. What is your hair regimen?
I don’t do as much as others. I’m a slightly lazy natural .My favorite products to wash with are by Garnier Fructis . I love their shampoo, conditioner, leave in, and the heat protectant. My favorite product to help keep my blow outs moist is Santia’s Organic Butter. My hair stylist created her own product and my hair loves it. It can be purchased at santiasorganicbutter.com .
10. What are some of your favorite natural hair websites,YouTuber’s, or blogs?
Team Natural and Kinky Chicks would definitely have to be my favorite natural hair profiles. They’ve both been my “go to” profiles for styles and tips on maintaining my natural hair.
11. Anything you want the readers to know? Inspirational words? there will be good days and bad days. Just be patient.. Don’t let any negative comments make you change your mind on returning natural. Do what’s best for you. <3
12. Where can people find you for more information?
Instagram – @r.symone._
Facebook – Rayven Clay Adams