1. Tell me a little about yourself and your hair journey. (Name, where you’re from, etc)
Hi! my name is Miosha and I’m from Miramar, Florida
2. How long have you been natural? Have you always embraced your curls?
I have been natural since April 2011. I did not initially embrace my curls because I couldn’t find the right products to agree with my hair.
3. Who motivated you to transition? Were you a transitioner or a Big Chopper& why?
My motivation to transition came about because I was in a phase in my life where I was trying to find myself. My marriage was coming to an end and I was caring for my son who has cerebral palsy which is a full time job within itself. Life during that particular time was really stressful.. I needed a change and I just wanted to embrace who I really was. I think I transitioned for all of three months lol. Then one day I decided I didn’t want to transition anymore so I went to the salon and had them to cut it all off. It was a very emotional and liberating experience for me and I have no regrets 🙂
4. How would you describe your hair?
My hair is very thick and coarse. Over the years I’ve learned that my hair loves water and curls up like crazy when wet so my go to style is usually a wash and go.
5. What do you love most about your hair?
I love the versatility. My tapered cut is my go to style, but I’ve rocked all kinds of color with it and I can wear my cut as a fro, twist out or wash and go.
6. What has been the most memorable part of your journey?Has it been easy or difficult or both?!
The most memorable part of my journey is being free and just plain ol fierce!! Trust me I went through alot of trial and error during my journey but I enjoyed the process. I love my hair, I love who I have become during this journey.
7. What are (or were) some of your favorite transitioning hairstyles or current dos’
My current fave hair dos’ is my wash and go. Occasionally I will rock a twist out.
8. What have your experiences been as a ‘natural.’ Any memorable reactions from family or others?
I get stopped all the time about my hair. They usually stop to compliment, ask what products do I use or looking for a stylist who specializes in natural hair.
9. What is your hair regimen (including fav products)?
I wash my hair with Kinky Curly Come Clean shampoo every two weeks to give my hair and scalp a good cleaning from all the product build up. Between that time I cowash every two to three days with the Matrix Biolage cleansing conditioner for curly hair (I love this stuff!!). I also do a deep conditioning treatment at least twice a week with the Ouidad Curl Recovery Extreme Meltdown Mask.. This is a must have in my regimen especially with me having color treated hair. For my wash and gos’ I use the Kinky Curly Curling custard as well as the Kinky Curly Knot today as a leave in I like to use avocado oil to seal in moisture. For my twistouts I use As I am Twist defining cream with a little Eco styler gel for extra hold.
10. What are some of your favorite natural hair websites,YouTuber’s, or blogs?
My fave naturals to watch on You Tube are askProy, Miss Ken K, Abi’s Hair NL and Beauty Cutright just to name a few.
11. Anything you want the readers to know? Inspirational words?
My advice for readers would be to understand that your journey is for you. Don’t let anyone’s opinion about what you chose to do with YOUR hair affect your decisions. Be you, love you and do it well.
12. Where can people find you for more information?
Im on Instagram as Naturaldivaa
Leave a Reply